9-Year-Old Child Electrocuted To Death

michael

A 9-year-old primary three pupil, Michael Garuba has been reportedly electrocuted to death.
Reports gathered that the pupil died as a result of a sagged electricity wires in their compound in the Ajeromi White Sand area of Ijora, Lagos.
According to reports by Punch Metro, the pupil was returning home after playing with his friends, his legs reportedly slipped and he was said to have held onto the sagged, exposed wires to prevent him from falling into the swamp when he was electrocuted.
A resident, who spoke with the daily said, “the boy was on the median when one of his legs slipped. He did not want to fall inside the swamp, so he held onto the wires. Unfortunately, a part of the wires was naked and there was power supply at that time. That was how he was electrocuted.”
Confirming the tragic incident, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, noted that investigation was ongoing on the incident.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: