Suspected Herdsmen Attacks Abuja Community, Killed One Person, Kidnapped Ten Other
The Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Minister, Muhammad Bello, has promised thorough investigation of attacks on two communities that led to the death of one person and kidnap of 10 others.
Mr. Bello called for calm over the recent attacks on some villages in the territory, assuring that security agencies were on top of the situation.
He gave the assurance while addressing journalists after an emergency security meeting which was attended by stakeholders of the affected communities in his office in Abuja on Friday.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that communities affected by the attacks suspected to have carried out by herdsmen are mainly in Kuje Area Council.
In the attacks on Darka and Huni-Gade communities on Sunday and Thursday, respectively, a 28-year-old man, Zakariyya Nuhu, was killed, while 10 persons were kidnapped and one injured.
The minister said that the FCT administration and the security agencies had been following the development in the communities and had put measures in place to tackle the problem headlong.
He advised the residents not to give any ethnic coloration to the attacks because killing and kidnapping of the innocent residents were purely criminal and that the culprits would be treated as such.
Mr. Bello said that the administration and the security agencies had outlined ways of handling the unpleasant situation and that all those involved would surely be arrested and prosecuted.
He commiserated with the communities as well as the families of those affected in the unfortunate incidents.
He called on the FCT residents to go about their normal businesses as the security agencies had been deployed to all parts of the territory, especially the affected places, to ensure the security of lives and property.
He advised the residents to pass any useful information to relevant agencies nearest to them as well as to traditional and community leaders.